Tuesday, 6 July 2021

Cybersmart: Taika and Mr N filming Boy Sequel for Manaiakalani Film Festival

Kia ora, my name is Mr N. This is my friend Taika and here is showing off his cool Grammy Award. We are here at Te Oro in Glen Innes filming the sequel to his Wellywood blockbuster, Boy. Part two will be called, "Girl".*

I learned how to create this image today by removing the backgrounds of myself and my cool friend. I took a screenshot of a local place of interest in Glen Innes, which is actually where a lot of dance, drama, music and performing arts takes place. This pic was all collated and edited on Google Drawing. I really enjoyed the humour, creativity and skill I used to complete this task. If I could work on anything, it would be to use a clearer, less 'foggier' picture of me. 

Thanks in advance for your comments - please also be sure to have a look at the other Room 7 (and Room 1) students who also created their own pieces. 

*disclaimer: Taika isn't actually filming with me - he's way too busy filming Thor: Love and Thunder at the moment. 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Mr N I really like the post about the filming with Taika Waititi and I saw the note down the bottom and the humour was really funny. If you really did get to meet him what would you have asked him?
    I hope you add another slide soon see ya,
    Gareth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Gareth!
      I like the caption too, it's one of my favourite parts of the picture. If I had a chance to meet Taika, I would politely ask him for a part in his next movie, "Girl". Just a small part, like an extra in the background.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Mr N, I love the way you have used your imagination with this blog post. How did you create image?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora, Maria.
      I used the website "remove.bg" and Google Drawing to create this picture.

      Delete
  3. Morena Mr.N, I really like the way you edited yourself into the image, it’s very cool how you did that. Also I was just wondering how did you do that? How long did it take you to edit yourself into the image?

    Thank you
    -Maia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora, Maia
      I used the website "remove.bg" and Google Drawing to create this picture. It didn't take me too long to add myself, the whole image probably took 45 minutes in total.

      Delete
  4. Kia ora, Ritchie
    Thank you for your positive comment. I think I Google searched "Taika Waititi Oscar". I chose him because I think he is one of the most kiwi NZ'ers we have. That and he's quite funny.
    Mr N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora, Amani
    Thank you for your positive comments. You would be very happy to know that remove.bg is the site I used to help create this picture. This was probably my second or third time editing a picture like this - I enjoy it a lot.
    Mr N

    ReplyDelete